Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has appointed new Commissioners and Permanent Secretaries.
He also appointed a new Secretary to the State Government, a new Chief of Staff and Principal Secretary.
The appointments came few days he relieved some appointees of their duties seeking for elections into various public offices.
A statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemedo reads:
“His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha (OON) the Executive Governor of Imo State has graciously made the following appointments:
(1) Chief Mark Uchendu – Secretary to the Government of Imo State
(2) Mr. Kenneth Chid Ejiogu – Chief of Staff Government House
(3) Arc. Chukwuemeka Valentine Duru – Principal Secretary to the Governor
(4) Mr. Victor Nwanaforo Onyechere – Deputy Chief of Staff, Operations
(5) Barr. (Mrs.) Ijeoma Igboanusi – Deputy Chief of Staff Domestic
The above named persons will be sworn-in on Monday, 17th September, 2018, at Sam Mbakwe Expanded Exco – Chambers, Government House, Owerri by 8:am.
In another release, the Governor appointed the following appointees as Commissioner nominees.
(1) Mr. Bonaventure Akwiwu
(2) Mr. Sunny Chiadi
(3) Mrs. Esther Egburuche
(4) Mr. Patrick Nze
(5) Lady Chinyere Uwandu
(6) Mr. Kelechi Azike
(7) Mrs. Edna Okorie
(8) Engr. Chika Ezeji
Also new permanent Secretaries were appointed. They are as follows:
(1) Chukwuemeka Valentine Duru
(2) T.U.C Nwokonkwo
(3) G.E. Nnah
(4) Ogudoro E.A.
(5) Ezirim Darlington O.
(6) Chibuzo Obinna
(7) Emenalo Chikaodi R.
(8) Ozuzu P.N.
(9) Njoku John O.