Governor Rochas Okorocha has said the selection of Senator Hope Uzodinma as governorship candidate of the APC by the party’s National Chairman, Adams Oshiomole will not go unchallenged as it represent nothing but deceit on the part of the Chairman to deny his son in law, Uche Nwosu the guber ticket of the party.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemedo Okorocha said Uche Nwosu’s ambition is not in the hand of Oshiomole, his (Okorocha) hand but in the hand of God.
The full statement reads:
We have read about the latest utterances and actions of the National Chairman of All Progressives Congress, APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole with regard to the Party’s governorship Candidate for Imo State, for the 2019 elections.
And with every sense of humility, we want to react as follows:-
(1) The fate of Ugwumba Uche Nwosu with regard to his governorship aspiration is not and can never be in the hand of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and not even in the hand of Governor Rochas Okorocha but in the hand of God first and Imo people.
(2) With all that Adams Oshiomhole had said and done, he has only shown that he was the brain behind the film a man like Ahmed Gulak acted in Owerri as the leader of the 12-Member Committee sent to Conduct the APC Primaries in the State. And it is unfortunate that the National Chairman could encourage Gulak to flew Owerri by 4:30am to avoid carrying out the assignment he was sent to Owerri to do.
(3) It has also shown that disbanding Gulak’s Committee, Cancelling all that emanated from that Committee and setting up the Brigadier-General Ibrahim Agbabiaka Committee for the Conduct of fresh Primaries in the State were all deceitful. We will now work to know whether such deceit would destroy all that the duly and properly Constituted Agbabiaka’s Committee did.
(4) Also, ignoring the report of Prof. Osunbor’s Appeal Panel that declared Uche Nwosu the Candidate of APC in the State was also an indication that Comrade had abinitio made up his mind on Hope Uzodinma.
(5) However, steps would be taken to prove that deceits do not pay. We won’t allow these deceits just go like that without having them Challenged.
(6) And if the National Chairman of APC had monitored Owerri since he announced Chief Uzodinma as his preferred Candidate he would have appreciated the enormous implication of his faulty action.
(7) Comrade Oshiomhole in his efforts to justify all he has done, had accused Governor Rochas Okorocha of trying to build a Political dynasty. And the only reason he gave for coming up with such blackmail is that Governor Okorocha wants to go to the Senate and his in-law Uche Nwosu wants to be governor. He never explained how Okorocha being in the Senate and Nwosu being governor would constitute a dynasty.
(8) Governor Okorocha is not the only governor who would want to be in the Senate after leaving office. A good number of the ex-governors are either in the Senate or had been in the Senate. He is not also the first governor to have a Successor at the end of his tenure as governor. Uche Nwosu being his in-law cannot be allowed to decide the Political fate of the young man.
(9) We know the reason for all these. Time will tell. It has nothing to do with Uche Nwosu being an in-law to Governor Okorocha. Even the issue has equally put our democracy on trial, whether being an in-law to a governor should become an inhibition to one’s Political pursuit.
(10) Perhaps, Oshiomhole must have forgotten that he was in Owerri few months ago for the APC rally organized by the governor. And after seeing the mammoth crowd at the rally he could not help saying that they have seen who owns the land. And few months after, he is saying a different thing. Imo people love Rochas and will continue to love him. Only Political Opportunists like Hope Uzodinma do not love him.
(11) Finally, Uche Nwosu will not allow his ambition cut shot by deceit. He will work to revalidate his Victory in all the APC guber Primaries Conducted in the State.