This post has already been read 434 times!
The All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, has vowed to drag to court it’s members in Imo State House of Assembly who defected to the PDP.
In a communique at the end of its National Working Commitee, NWC, held on Sunday, in Abuja, the party stated that it “shall be proceeding to court soon against some House of Assembly members in Imo State said to have defected to other political parties with APGA’s mandate.
Part of the communique signed by Tex Okechukwu, National Publicity Secretary, reads “As APGA candidates in the 2019 general elections, these House members unequivocally undertook in writing not to defect with APGA’s mandate, if elected. The party will therefore seek the enforcement of the undertaking in Court and declaration of their seats vacant in accordance with the 1999 Constitution (as amended)”
APGA had elected five members to the State House of Assembly. All of them including the Speaker, Hon.Chiji Collins, had joined the PDP prior to the election of principal officers of the 9th Imo State House of Assembly.
Read full Commique:
On Sunday June 30 2019, the National Working Committee (NWC) of APGA held an Emergency NWC meeting at the National Secretariat of the party in Abuja.
At the meeting, the NWC deliberated upon recent happenings in the party and arrived at well considered decisions in respect thereof.
Accordingly, the NWC unanimously resolved as follows:
- APGA is a one and united party firmly focused on consolidating on the gains of the 2019 general elections. Consequently, there are no factions in APGA presently.
- The alleged gathering of an amorphous group dubbed “APGA Stakeholders Forum” in Abuja on Friday June 28 2019, is not a meeting of any constitutional organ of APGA. The organs of the party are clearly spelt out in the APGA Constitution 2019.
- The general public are advised to be discerningly wary of nefarious machinations of non APGA members and mischief makers who have adorned themselves in APGA toga aimed at misleading gullible members of the public.
- The NWC condemned in its entirety the leaking of a purported email between Senator Victor Umeh and the Executive Governor of Anambra State as an act of gross indiscretion propelled by delusion. The phantom allegations in the email were excerpts from the same hoary fairytales which the NWC has since dismissed as frivolous. To the NWC, it is despicable and invidious that such allegations will continue to be peddled and re-peddled by 3rd parties, instead of the complainants themselves. The general public are urged to disregard the contents of the purported email as a last gasp orchestra of macabre dancers aimed at sabotaging APGA’s successful National Convention of May 31,2019. It fell through as anticipated.
5. APGA shall be proceeding to court soon against some House of Assembly members in Imo State House of Assembly said to have defected to other political parties with APGA’s mandate. As APGA candidates in the 2019 general elections, these House members unequivocally undertook in writing not to defect with APGA’s mandate, if elected. The party will therefore seek the enforcement of the undertaking in court and declaration of their seats vacant in accordance with the 1999 Constitution (as amended).
- The NWC seizes this opportunity to heartily congratulate the National Chairman of APGA Ozonkpu Dr. Victor Ike Oye for his re-election for another term in office as National Chairman, as well as for the astounding and remarkable success of the 2019 elective Congresses and National Convention of the party.
- Finally, the NWC passed a Vote of Unalloyed Confidence on the National Leadership of APGA under His Excellency Governor Willie Obiano as National Leader and Ozonkpu Dr. Victor Ike Oye as National Chairman of our great party.
SIGNED:Barr. Tex Okechukwu
National Publicity Secretary, APGA.