No fewer than 10 roads have been earmarked for rehabilitation across the State by the Ihedioha administration
Sources within government circles said the roads are part of plans of the State Government to provide adequate infrastructure and rehabilitate those in deplorable State after many years of neglect.
This newspaper learnt that the approved roads for reconstruction and rehabilitation are:
- Naze Polytechnic Junction-Futo-Obinze terminating at Owerri, Portharcourt rd junction
- MCC-Uratta road-Toronto junction.
- Control Post- Ibari Ogwa Junction.
- Okigwe Urban to St. Mary Okigwe.
- Ahiara Junction- Aba Brabch runing through Okpala junction through Chokoneze to Ahiara.
- Avutu Poultry Road. Obowo.
- Mgbidi-Oguta Road.
- Avu Junction-Adapalm.
- Imo State University Teaching Hospital Orlu Rd.
- Control Post-Umuguma Road.
A source said the Flag of the roads rehabilitation may hold on September 4, 2019 at a colourful ceremony to be performed by Governor Emeka Ihedioha, CON.