The All Progressives Congress, APC has unveiled zoning of elective offices of the party’s National Working Commitee, NWC, with the South East zone pocketing 11 positions.
Despite losing the exalted National Secretary post, the region however secured the position of National Vice Chairman.
Salisu Dambataa, Director of Publicity, APC National headquarters, Abuja, released the zoning list on Wednesday, ahead of the national convention of the party scheduled to hold on March 26.
The North Central secured the juicy position of National Chairman, while South West secured the powerful position of National Secretary.
The South East zone comprise Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States.
Positions zoned to the region are:
- Deputy National Chairman (South)
- National Vice Chairman (South East)
- National Treasurer
- National Welfare Secretary
- Deputy National Organising Secretary
- Zonal Secretary
- Zonal Youth Leader
- Zonal Organising Secretary
- Zonal Women Leader
- Zonal Special Leader (Persons with Disabilities – PWD)
- National Ex – Officio Member