BY GEB OKORO
Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, Friday, said he cannot declare his intention for the Presidency, because “some process are still ongoing”
“Yes you are calling me to come and declare for the next election, I cannot tell I’m declaring.The Political process is ongoing, just watch out.
“The key role you must play is that Nigeria must get somebody that will carry young people along” he told a group of protesters who urged him to run for the 2023 presidential race.
He said the youths should show greater interest in the nation’s political process, saying it was time for youths to take advantage of the Not Too Young To Run Act, to participate actively in the electoral process.
Spokesman of the protesters, and convener of the Youth Compatriots of Nigeria, Mayor Samuel, said Nigerians were deceived and brainwashed by those who claimed they could do it in 2015.
“Now, we know better, under Jonathan the minimum wage could buy one or two bags of rice. What do we have today?.
“We are begging President Jonathan to forgive us, we have realized our mistakes, we want him back to complete what he started” he said.
Former President Jonathan has been widely speculated to be dragged into the presidential race.He had lost his re election in 2019 to the then APC Presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari.
Since then, he has remained an ally of President Buhari, playing mediatory roles for the Nigerian Leader in resolving conflicts in the West Africa sub region.