Youths of Owerri municipal have thrown their support behind the rebuild of Eke Ukwu Owerri market by Governor Emeka Ihedioha.
The market was demolished two years ago by the Okorocha administration.
Governor Emeka Ihedioha of Imo State had assumption office constituted a commitee to look into market development across the State.
A statement signed by the youth chairmen of the five communities reads:
“It has come to the notice of Owerri Nchise youths and residents of Owerri municipal of the recent press release and radio interview by former governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha wherein he described that return of Ekeukwu Owerre market by His Excellency Rt Hon Governor Emeka Ihedioha as Mis-governace.
OWERRE YOUTHS HEREBY RESOLVE AS FOLLOWS
- That return of Ekeukwu Owerre is commendable and a welcome development by the entire Owerre people and they are highly appreciative of the governor Rt Hon Chukwuemeka Ihedioha for keeping to his Campaign promise and slogan of My Word My Bond
- We also appreciate his developmental programme towards bringing back Owerri city as the cleanest capital city in Nigeria through his Go Green Stay Clean environmental policy which has resulted to the desilting of drainages and tunnels which where hitherto blocked for the past eight (8) years of Owelle Rochas Okorocha administration.This has led to a healthy living in Owerri city and reduce flooding in the city.
- We also commend the governor’s road intervention through the recent palliative measures by the ministry of works on the numerous pot holes on sub standard roads left behind by immediate past government of Owelle Rochas Okorocha in Imo State capital.
- We also commend the government on the recent inauguration of commission of inquiry on land matters which affected greatly Nde Imo,more especially Nde Owerre and appreciative of the recent release of our lands (Area K) which was forcefully acquired by the Rochas past government.
- We commend and appreciate the governor for the ongoing rehabilitation contract of Dan Anyiam and Grasshopper international sports stadium and the recent approval for the rehabilitation of old township stadium completed in Owerri.
- Nde Owerre appreciate the re-opening of Douglas road which was before now closed for the two (2) years by the immediate past governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha.This had restored all commercial activities in Owerri and improved free flow of traffic in Owerri metropolis.
- Nde Owerre Youths hereby strongly warn any person or group of persons with intentions of returning back Owerri city to dark days of forceful acquisition of our lands, demolition of our markets and new market which led to the killing of master Somtochukwu Ibeanusi and other Owerre indigenes and traders who lost their means of livelihood, that they will be resisted with it’s entirety without hesitation.
- Nde Owerre youths are solidly behind and in total support to the government of His Excellency RT Hon governor Emeka Ihedioha.We shall use our last blood to defend him against any evil plan or plans capable of causing breach of peace in the state capital.
- Nde Owerre urge all the state’s security apparatus to take judicial notice of the recent vituperations and grand standing by the former governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha and his cronies as it can lead to breach of peace.Nde Owerre are peace loving people and will not fail to declare such a person or persons persona-non- grata to Owerre land.
- Finally,we the Owerre youths urge His Excellency Rt Hon Governor Emeka Ihedioha (Omenkahuruanya) to continue his good work in rebuilding Imo.